Most of you are probably wondering what the infamous Magnolia Silos have to do with Major League Baseball. But if you’ve been dying to lay your eyes on the Silos but are having a hard time convincing your main man that it’s worth the investment (time and money), I’m here to help you.
Confession: I have lived in Texas for eight years and have never been to the Silos. I know, shame on me. But my husband recently came up with a genius plan that includes a trip to the Silos (for me) and a Texas Rangers game (for him). My hubby is the master at planning trips and adventures to include baseball games so I’m actually surprised it took him this long to come up with this. Google maps puts the Ballpark at Arlington 1.5 hours from the Silos, so spending the day in Magnolia heaven and ending with an evening at the ballgame is totally do-able.
** Please keep in mind that regular season games end in September and start up again in April**
I’ve been doing a little research on the Silos and all it has to offer so I know how to best spend my limited time. Here is what I’m excited to check out:
- Magnolia Market- I mean, duh! We all love a little farmhouse chic and I can’t wait to be inspired by all things Joanna. Maybe I’ll even find a little something for myself.
- Magnolia Seed & Supply- I actually didn’t know this existed but I plan to take my oldest in here. I am horrible with plants and gardening, but he loves it. I’m planning to let him pick out a flower growing kit to use back at home. I’m sure he’ll talk me into something else as well.
- Silos Bakery Co.- Because who doesn’t love a good cupcake?!?! And I’m slightly obsessed with the Parisian café vibe they have going on outside.
- Magnolia Lawn- I imagine my hubby and kids will be spending their time here while I devour the Market.
- Food Trucks- They all sound incredible but I’m a big time sucker for pizza so 900 Pizza is at the top of my list. I’m also interested in Chuck’s Gourmet Popcorn, mostly because I’m from Chicago and always compare any gourmet popcorn to see if it can compete with Garrett’s.
The Magnolia Team has really made everything quite simple. They have designated parking and even a Trolley that can take you to the Silos. Basically everything you could want is right there on the property so there’s no need to wander all over town.
Have you been to the Silos? What is on your must experience list?
P.S. If you want to know more about the ballpark and baseball game happenings, send me a message and I can give you all kinds of ideas on that. My husband is the baseball guru and many trips (including our honeymoon) have included outings to games.